Does this look decadent and luscious? Oh yes…and did I mention I ate some for breakfast? This ranks right up there with my favorite dessert…or breakfast.
Brownie Cheesecake – S
- ½ cup butter
- 2 oz unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- ½ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- pinch salt
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup Truvia
- ¼ tsp vanilla
- ¼ cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 8 ounce bars of 1/3 or whole fat cream cheese, softened
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup Truvia (powdered)
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- For the brownie base, preheat oven to 325F and butter a 9-inch spring form pan. Wrap bottom of pan in foil.
- Melt butter and chocolate together in the microwave in 30 second increments. Whisk until smooth.
- In another bowl, whisk together almond flour, cocoa powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, Truvia and vanilla until smooth. Beat in almond flour mixture, then butter/chocolate mixture until smooth. Stir in nuts.
- Spread evenly over bottom of prepared pan. Bake 15 to 20 minutes until set around edges but still soft in the center. Let cool 15 to 20 minutes.
- For the filling, reduce oven temperature to 300F.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in eggs, Truvia, cream and vanilla until well combined.
- Pour filling over crust and place cheesecake on a large cookie sheet. Bake until edges are set and center just barely jiggles, 55 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Run a knife around edges to loosen and then remove sides of pan. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 3 hours.
- For ganache topping – equal amounts of sugar free choc chips and heavy cream melted together. Drip over top in lines.
Total carbs 4 gr for each of 10 servings