Mid gauge machine
Baby yarn (Bernat Baby Coordinates)
- Tension 6 on dial; Tension 3 on yarn mast
- Row counter to 000
- E-wrap cast on 40 Needles left of 0 and 41 right of 0
- Knit 1 row to left; hang comb and weights
- Knit to row count 125
- Move every other stitch to one next to it to create eyelets. Make sure to bring empty needles back out to working position with rest of needles.
- Knit 4 or 5 rows. Do last row in loosest tension on dial – ending on left if right handed and ending on right if left handed.
- Cut yarn length 3 times width of knitting; thread tapestry needle and back stitch bind off; remove knitting from machine.
- Sew seam by sewing machine or mattress stitch; weave in ends
- Make an I-cord:
- Set row counter to 000
- Pull right side Part button to down position (top slide button on right side of carriage – manual shows it)
- E-wrap on 3 needles in front of row counter (so it makes sure to pass row counter with so few stitches). Set tension to 4
- Knit 1 row to left and hang weight or just hold onto it with other hand as you knit.
- Knit 275 rows
- Cut 6- 8 inch end of yarn and thread tapestry needle; run through 3 stitches on needles and remove from machine. Tie off to hold. Weave in both yarn ends into end of cord.
- Weave in I-cord into eyelets – ending with the ties in the front of cocoon.
- You may copy, print and use any of the info on my blog. Please do not copy and repost anywhere on the internet without contacting me to get my permission. Thank you, Ann
- Ann Huppert (GrammaAnn)