Baby Hat made without ribber
3/15 yarn; standard gauge machine
Tension 6; Row Counter 000
- Pull out every other needle for *60 needles – 30 left and 30 right of 0 (78, 88, 102,110, 120) *Preemie to larger sizes
- Cast on with an e-wrap
- Knit 1 row to left, hang comb and weights
- Knit 15 rows (preemie) (20 rows all other sizes)
- Remove weights and comb
- Hang hem using front loop of cast on row. Hang it onto the every other needle that is not in working position – bring them all into working position
- Push knitting back against bed and pull all needles out to E position
- Rehang some claw weights across knitting
- Knit 1 row
- Change yarn to another color for a stripe or set machine to do fair isle with the punch card
- Knit 10 rows
- Take punch card and other setting off and remove second color.
- Knit 26 (32, 36, 40, 45, 50) rows
- Transfer stitches to every other needle again, doubling stitches on needles in work. Push empty needles clear back to A position
- Knit 5 rows
- Cut yarn leaving a long tail. Thread tapestry needle with tail of yarn and remove stitches.
- Sew side seam. Pull tail thread tight and tack down to inside of hat to secure it. Make a pom-pom for top or a stem with an I-cord*.
- *I-cord: Pull out 4 needles and e-wrap on; push in right part button
- Knit 2 rows slowly and get ahold of cord as you knit, pulling gently down.
- Knit length desired and leave a tail. Thread tapestry needle and take stitches off the needles.
- You may copy, print and use any of the info on my blog. Please do not copy and repost anywhere on the internet without contacting me to get my permission. Thank you, Ann
- Ann Huppert (GrammaAnn)